Alex Mircheff is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He practices in the firm’s Litigation Department, with an emphasis on securities, appellate, and class action litigation.
Mr. Mircheff’s representative matters include:
- Obtaining dismissal of shareholder derivative and bondholder class action claims against a major automobile manufacturer and its executives arising from allegations of unintended acceleration
- Obtaining dismissal of claims against a major fast food restaurant chain in shareholder derivative suit brought by investor in former partner
- Obtaining Colorado River stay on behalf of a major retailer in shareholder derivative litigation
- Obtaining dismissal of claims against an asset management company arising from collateralized debt obligations
- Representing underwriters in ongoing class action and individual investor litigation arising from corporate bonds and mortgage-backed securities issued by Countrywide Financial Corporation and Washington Mutual
- Representing a major retailer in ongoing appellate proceedings arising from employment class action
- Representing law firm in connection with ongoing appellate proceedings arising from former client’s Ponzi scheme
- Representing law firm in connection with ongoing appellate proceedings involving application of attorney-client privilege as to consultation with firm’s in-house counsel
- Representing a major accounting firm in connection with ongoing appellate and trial court proceedings in wage and hour class actions
- Representing a major accounting firm in appellate proceedings arising from alleged stock option backdating
Mr. Mircheff has been named a “Rising Star” in the areas of appellate and business litigation in 2012 and 2013 by the Southern California “Superlawyers” edition of Los Angeles magazine. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Mircheff served as a law clerk to the Honorable Cynthia Holcomb Hall of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit from 2007–2008 and to the Honorable Gary A. Feess of the United States District Court for the Central District of California from 2006–2007.
Mr. Mircheff earned his law degree summa cum laude in 2006 from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, where he was the winner of the William T. Aggeler Award for ranking first in his graduating class, elected Order of the Coif, and served as a Note and Comment Editor on the Loyola Law Review.
Mr. Mircheff is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Circuits, the U.S. District Courts for Central and Eastern Districts of California, and all California state courts.